National NewsFrom the Advocate
- Sen. Chuck Schumer Tries Explaining Immigration: 'I Know That This Provides Little Comfort'Those who have fought to include binational gay couples in immigration reform felt betrayed on Tuesday as Democratic senators moved ahead with a bill that excludes them. read more […]
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?A spree of antigay violence in New York City could be backlash over LGBT equality, but the head of the National Organization for Marriage insists there's no connection. read more […]
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy ScoutGay author Christopher Bram recounts how scouting helped him make it through adolescence and discover his true self. read more […]
- A Home of Our OwnPhiladelphia puts the pieces together for the nation's newest LGBT senior development. read more […]
- Reasons for Pride 2013: Gay Parents Are Changing the WorldAlec Mapa, a coach on AMC's new reality talent show, talks about adopting his son with partner Jamie Hebert and the challenges of taking the family show on the road. read more […]
Houston Voice Exclusives
Search The Voice
The Full Houston Voice Index
- Liberace biopic premieres this weekendMichael Douglas, Matt Damon have garnered film considerable buzz […]
- Democrats, gay advocates blast Virginia GOP ticketCuccinelli, Jackson and Obenshein 'openly hostile' to LGBT residents […]
- Anti-gay slurs used during Md. stabbingFreeState Legal Project seeks more information about why attack not investigated as hate crime […]
- Baltimore mayor to marry couples at PrideRawlings Blake also serves as grand marshal of the parade […]
- NYC march against anti-gay attacks draws thousandsPolice say two more assaults took place hours after protest […]
GA Voice (Georgia)
- Petition pops up urging Atlanta City Council to outlaw sex shops on Cheshire Bridge RoadA petition popped up this week on change.org urging the Atlanta City Council to banish adult busines […]
- Gay rights flip-flopper Karen Handel runs for U.S. SenateLooks like LGBT Georgians can expect another turn as campaign cannon fodder, as Karen Handel has ent […]
- Anti-gay group claims it was target of IRS leak, announces lawsuitThe Internal Revenue Service came under fire late last week after allegations that it unfairly targe […]
- Petition asks Ga. governor to honor day against 'homophobia'He's done it again. For the second time in as many years, Ga. Gov. Nathan Deal has issued a pro […]
- Vote for Ga. Rep. Karla Drenner to speak to 'Next Generation'State Rep. Karla Drenner, Georgia's first openly gay state legislator, needs your vote now — no […]
Houston Voice Travel & Nightlife:
Sponsor The Houston Voice
We are a non-profit news site and web hosting cost money, sponsor an ad to keep us going!
Become an online sponsor
Physical Address of the Venue:
2312 Crocker Street, Houston, TX 77006-1912
Is there Entertainment? Drag Shows?
Sometimes. Usually for a benefit. A few times a year they host out of town entertainers such as Wendy Hoe and Shirley Q Liquer.
Cost per Drink:
$$. Usual drink specials, a well can cost about 2.50 to 4.00.
Hours of Operation:
Web or Social Media Sites:
Telephone: (713) 529-3355
The Bar Hop Score, how convenient is it to other bars and places to eat?
This bar is within walking distance (less than 1 to 2 blocks) to many gay bars and walk-able to about 4 restaurants. Has own parking lot but small. Park on north side of Fairview in neighborhood.
View Crocker Bar in a larger map
Section: Dance Floor, Jukebox, Montrose, Nightlife, Pool