National NewsFrom the Advocate
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT BooksRepublican legislators in South Carolina want to teach two state universities a lesson for assigning books with LGBT themes. Featured Image: read more […]
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in UtahGay Utah native Justin Utley shares his heartbreaking story of loss and workplace discrimination at a meeting with state lawmakers and officials. Featured Image: read more […]
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil UnionsOnce again American Catholic leadership is being challenged over whether they disagree with something Pope Francis has said. Featured Image: read more […]
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in PhiladelphiaPhiladelphia’s gayborhood is now home to one of only 3 housing developments in the country specifically for LGBT seniors. Featured Image: read more […]
- Johnny and Tara Give Funny Figure Skating Analysis to Tourists at 30 RockAll of the pizzazz and pageantry of ice skating tourists at Rockefeller Center finally gets the attention it deserves from commentators Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski. Featured Image: read more […]
Search The Voice
The Full Houston Voice Index
- Mautner Project GalaThe annual event honored Mizeur, Calman […]
- N.Y. archbishop uncomfortable with civil unionsDolan dismisses notion Pope Francis approved them in widely publicized remarks […]
- Carson: Gay people ‘don’t get to redefine marriage’GOP commentator denies ever comparing same-sex marriage to bestiality […]
- ‘Fire and Air’Classical ballet, modern dance, Cherry weekend and more among season’s dance highlights […]
- Conservative struggle over gay rights emerges at CPACSantorum says he doesn't 'want to talk about redefining marriage' […]
Houston Voice Travel & Nightlife:
I learned today from former MR. BRB, Craig Sanford via Facebook that the Brazos River Bottom will be closing Saturday, March 30. The BRB has been at its present location since 1979. The owners have sold the building and plan to relocate.
The building that houses Houston’s only LGBT Country and Western bar is over a 100 years old. The BRB has been home to many clubs like the Colt 45′s, Southern Country and TGRA.
“Its a place we feel welcome, feel at home, feel comfortable to be ourselves, a place where we are close friends with the staff and owners, a place we have laughed, cried, drank, socialized, raised millions of dollars, met friends, lost friends, hooked up, acted foolish..all with one another.” Sanford said in his post.
“My best memory is from March 2010 to March 2011, as I was honored to represent, and raise money as Mr BRB 2010.”
Justin Bryan Galloway
Section: Houstonian, News & Politics, Nite Life, Scene This? (Gay & E)