National NewsFrom the Advocate
- WATCH: Catholic School Tells Trans Teen 'Wear Girl's Gown or Don't Walk at Graduation'Teachers, friends and family recognize Damien Garcia as male. But St. Pius Catholic High School in Albuquerque contends that the transgender teen must wear the graduation garb designated for female st […]
- Minnesota Antibullying Bill Dies in SenateA comprehensive antibullying bill failed to be heard in the Minnesota legislature, but advocates promise to reintroduce the bill when the session resumes in 2014. read more […]
- Minneapolis Church Celebrates Marriage Equality with Rainbow Communion BreadRevolution Church in Minneapolis marked the state's marriage equality law with a tasty, colorful tribute. read more […]
- The Small Southwestern Town That Went RogueA small southwestern town goes rogue for same-sex unions. read more […]
- Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry YouMatthew Breen reminds us that the issues we cover in the magazine are also the immediate issues in our lives. read more […]
Houston Voice Exclusives
Search The Voice
The Full Houston Voice Index
- NYC officials condemn alleged anti-gay murderElliot Morales allegedly shot Mark Carson to death in Greenwich Village […]
- Affleck mocks ‘ex-gay’ camps on SNL skitSketch finds Oscar winner hamming as conversion 'success' story […]
- Rehoboth Summer Kickoff PartyThe Washington Blade hosted the annual event at the Blue Moon on Friday […]
- Thousands attend Puerto Rico LGBT rights marchSan Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz unfurled Pride flag at City Hall […]
- Dems seeking to delay gay-inclusive immigration reform?LGBT groups seek White House response to 'alarming' report […]
GA Voice (Georgia)
- Gay rights flip-flopper Karen Handel runs for U.S. SenateLooks like LGBT Georgians can expect another turn as campaign cannon fodder, as Karen Handel has ent […]
- Anti-gay group claims it was target of IRS leak, announces lawsuitThe Internal Revenue Service came under fire late last week after allegations that it unfairly targe […]
- Petition asks Ga. governor to honor day against 'homophobia'He's done it again. For the second time in as many years, Ga. Gov. Nathan Deal has issued a pro […]
- Vote for Ga. Rep. Karla Drenner to speak to 'Next Generation'State Rep. Karla Drenner, Georgia's first openly gay state legislator, needs your vote now — no […]
- WATCH: SNL's Kate McKinnon stops in on 'Ellen' — to play EllenOpenly gay SNL star Kate McKinnon makes me laugh, even during the stupid skits. Her impersonations o […]
Houston Voice Travel & Nightlife:
Sponsor The Houston Voice
We are a non-profit news site and web hosting cost money, sponsor an ad to keep us going!
Become an online sponsor
I learned today from former MR. BRB, Craig Sanford via Facebook that the Brazos River Bottom will be closing Saturday, March 30. The BRB has been at its present location since 1979. The owners have sold the building and plan to relocate.
The building that houses Houston’s only LGBT Country and Western bar is over a 100 years old. The BRB has been home to many clubs like the Colt 45′s, Southern Country and TGRA.
“Its a place we feel welcome, feel at home, feel comfortable to be ourselves, a place where we are close friends with the staff and owners, a place we have laughed, cried, drank, socialized, raised millions of dollars, met friends, lost friends, hooked up, acted foolish..all with one another.” Sanford said in his post.
“My best memory is from March 2010 to March 2011, as I was honored to represent, and raise money as Mr BRB 2010.”
Justin Bryan Galloway
Section: Houstonian, News & Politics, Nite Life, Scene This? (Gay & E)